Monday, June 1, 2009

Life

Hi! I just got an angry text from my sister telling me I need to write another blog, so here I am. It’s been over a month since my last blog so I’ll try to remember some interesting stuff that has happened.

I found the first cockroach in my house. I’m assuming I will find more as the summer goes along and it gets even hotter. It was in the bathroom downstairs and it wasn’t as big as the ones I normally see, but you know when you find 1, there are hundreds where it came from. Sccarrrryy. Anyway, I’m deathly afraid of cockroaches. I see them at work all the time and they are huge and they move so fast! These girls at work were telling me how they crawl up your pants and run up your leg really fast until they get to your thigh and can’t fit anymore. There are also flying ones that might just land on my head one day. I am so paranoid about these things happening because it’s going to be super embarrassing when I flip the fuck out in public. I tried to get really close to one at work because I thought it would make me less creeped out, but NO they have these things sticking off their legs and it made it a hundred times worse! I don’t care about the murders and the torturous heat; it’s the roaches that might push me out of this city. In the future, I want to start putting pictures on this blog. That way you guys can see one of these beautiful roaches for yourself!

Speaking of murders, a 16 year old boy died from one gun shot to the head on the steps of a church the other day. I read the New Orleans crime news religiously. I also look for those that got killed and those that did the killing on myspace. I know this might be borderline creepy, but I guess it just makes it more real to me. It allows me to have a picture of those wanted in case they walk in front of my house and it also allows me to better acknowledge a young life lost. It is so sad that the majority of these murders are mostly men under the age of 25. They don’t realize how dumb this street life mentality is until it’s too late.

I’m going home in less than a week, and I’m super pumped. Although things down here are definitely getting more comfortable and normal, I’m so home sick! I actually feel like I might be building a social life! Matt, Monica’s friend from Capital One, moved down here about a month ago and it’s definitely been nice knowing I have someone I can call if I ever feel like going out. Also, the other day after work I went out with some of the girls from Reginelli’s and it felt so comfortable. We had some drinks, talked about girl stuff, it was nice. Yesterday I went to a kickball game. I guess it’s made of numerous restaurants in the area and they all play each other every Sunday. Well, our team is called the Pieholes. We bought daiquiris on the way. After the game, everyone heads to one of the bars that sponsors the games and plays beer pong and what not. It was definitely a good time.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got for now. I’ll try to write there more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment